Nagios Monitor Server, and NRPE clients, giving funny results

Assaf Flatto assaf.flatto at ssp-intl.com
Fri May 8 12:00:28 CEST 2009

Gabriel

I believe you may be confusing the two components .
Nagios is the core system submitting requests and gathering the answers from the clients and
network.
NRPE is a client agent installed on the individual server being monitored from the nagios - and
AFAIK there is no rpm for it , you can download it from the nagios site -> addons
http://www.nagios.org/download/addons/

Please read the documentation about the NRPE and see how to set it up to your needs .

Assaf