PNP swap template HOWTO

Tobias Klausmann klausman at schwarzvogel.de
Wed May 6 23:28:25 CEST 2009

Hi!

On Wed, 06 May 2009, Jim Avery wrote:
> 2009/5/6 Tobias Klausmann <klausman at schwarzvogel.de>:
> > I did something else: I patched PNP so that it removes the
> > check_nrpe! prefix if it's there, then does processing as usual.
> > I've sent this (trival, four-line) patch to the PNP maintainer
> > but never got an answer :/
>
> Where would you stop though?  Would you also remove check_nt and
> check_snmp prefixes?  I appreciate you may find the patch useful and
> forgive me if I've misunderstood, but I'm not convinced it's
> necessary.

It is most useful to me, no doubt. Still I would have expected
that the original author noticed this issue. I suspect 90% of
Nagios users have *way* more usefully graphable NRPE/NSCP/SNMP
checks than "plain" ones.

Regards,
Tobias

--
The only problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes,
trouble shoots back.