Centreon

Bruce Reed breed at dvdplay.com
Wed May 6 18:59:27 CEST 2009

Interesting thread on Centreon. I evaluated it when it was Oreon 4 years ago
and it was horrid then, difficult to install, unpredictable and had very
little English information available. Looks like it has come a long way. Is
the English conversant community as large as the French now?

Has anyone compared Centreon to Groundwork Open Source? We are currently
using the Groundwork community edition and have considered going to the
Professional edition to gain log processing based alerts and dashboards. I
know Centreon has a dashboard, but I don't know if it's static or
customizable and I don't see any indication Centreon has the ability to
monitor and process log information. Groundwork is quite pricey for what
they offer, has its share of bugs, and frankly doesn't present information
as well as Centreon from what I can see in its screenshots. The Groundwork
status/action screens are NOT an improvement over base Nagios.

Bruce