check_icmp and check_host

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Wed May 6 17:54:21 CEST 2009

Since this is the first time you've installed Nagios (I assume) and you
probably haven't used it much, I wouldn't expect there is too much benefit
for you by installing Nagios from source.

I would suggest that you take advantage of RH's rpm management and install
Nagios from rpm.  Doing that will automatically satisfy all your
dependencies, install everything, and generate an Apache config and startup
script.  Plus, upgrades will be much simpler.  Plugins will also be a
breeze:

yum install nagios-plugins

Config files are stored in: /etc/nagios
Plugins: /usr/lib/nagios/plugins
CGI: /usr/lib/nagios/cgi
html: /usr/share/nagios

James Moseley

"Meyer Jerome" <Jerome.Meyer at baldata.ch>  wrote:

Hi James

I've install Nagios through source-code : nagios-3.0.6.tar.gz!

Thanks
Jerome