Nagios Performance

Roberto Balestra roberto.balestra at alice.it
Tue May 5 20:09:35 CEST 2009

Hi all,
I have 10.000 check, 2300 host, 632 hostgroup 19xx host dependence, 7
contacs and 2 contactgroup (no escaltion at the moment).
I sent alarm by email. Check is perl based for snmp query and ping.
My server is 4 processor Xeon 2.8GHz (32bit), 3GB RAM 5 HD 36GB SCSI
(2xRAID1 System+3xRAID5 /usr & /var).
OS is Fedora Core 9. Nagios is 1.4.1 (it is old I know) with mysql for
comment/downtime/hostext/serviceext/status.

When I exec status.cgi (but is the same for any other cgi) it takes more
than one minute. When I check my configuration it takes more than one minute
(real time by command 'time  /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v
/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg').

MySQL is ok (mysqltuner is all ok).
Apache is OK (I have not more than 5 clients in a time)
No error in log. More than 400MB/sec for transfer rate from disk (I have
tried with ramdisk with nagios/etc but its the same).

How can I improve my server's performance?

Thks
  Roberto

 Un amico è uno che sa tutto di te e,
 nonostante questo, gli piaci