Multiple filters on cgis

Emir Imamagic eimamagi at srce.hr
Tue May 5 19:07:58 CEST 2009

Hello to all,

I apologize in advance if this is a known issue, but I wasn't able to
dig out answers via archive's search engine.

Currently CGIs (version 3.x) enable filtering only based on a single entity:
- host
- hostgroup
- servicegroup
For example status.cgi?host=web.server&servicegroup=web_shop will take
the last entity listed and show me all services in servicegroup web_shop
on all hosts.

In addition, I'm aware that it is possible to filter further with
host/service status type and properties. Even for that dropdown box
would be nicer than guessing what individual code means.

Currently I solve this by creating servicegroups like
"<host>-<servicegroup>" or "<hostgroup>-<servicegroup>" which allow me
to get what I want on interface.

Could someone confirm that mixing of these filters is impossible? Or if
there is patch available for this feature? Or if something like this
will be implemented in future?

Thanks in advance,
emir