בנושא: Few questions (monitoring time, specific service , event log).

ntt broken nttbroken at gmail.com
Tue May 5 16:51:11 CEST 2009

Hello Jim!
Thank you for the quick reply.

"NSClient++ does this very well." - Well, the question is how.
Sorry but I am only familiar with basic NSClient++ configurations and
didn't found documentation for more advanced features.

For example let assume I want to monitor if Messenger service (from
services.msc) is not started and get notification via mail.
NSCA is configured in the Nagios linux server – how I do the service
related configuration in the NSclient++.
Where I need to configure it? In the ini file? What is the syntax? Can
you give an example for the line/code/configuration I need to add in
the NSclient? Pls be more detailed (remember I am a noob).

One more question –
So I need to update all my NSClients in all my monitored servers if I
want the services mentioned to be monitored, right?
I can't configure it in the Nagios linux server , right?

Thanks for helping me with it.