check_disk and CD/DVD in Solaris

Andrew Davis nccomp at gmail.com
Mon May 4 22:13:12 CEST 2009

I have check_disk setup to do monitor all local disks so that I don't
have to make edits everytime I add a new filesystem or mount point.
Unfortunately, on Solaris, mounted CD's and DVD's show as local volumes
and as 100% full. Unfortunately, check_disk (the stock one) is not a
simple shell script that I can edit to throw in a "grep -v cdrom" line.
I'm curious how you guys are handling this? Do you define all your
filesystems manually for Solaris hosts? Are you using an alternate test?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated...

BTW: please don't remind me of the joys of the open source community and
how I can just edit the code. I'm a sysadmin with lots of perl and shell
scripting experience, but no C experience so I'd be more inclined to do
the work of manually defining all the filesystems to be monitored than I
am to figure out how to edit the code. Of course, if one of you knows
how to make the edit and wants to send over your .c file for me to
compile, I wouldn't complain... :)

--

  A. Davis
  Email:     nccomp at gmail.com

  "There is no limit to what a man can accomplish
   if he doesn't care who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan