Problems with NSCA

Joan Tugores jtugores at dome-consulting.com
Mon May 4 14:48:27 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm Joan Tugores from spain. I have a little problem with nsca:

When I run /usr/local/nagios/bin/nsca -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/nsca.cfg
in /var/log/messages:
    Network server bind failure (98: Address already in use)
but my port 5667 is open.

And another problem in other machine, the daemon ups but when send a packet
in /var/log/messages:
     Command file '/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd' does not exist,
attempting to use alternate dump file
'/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nsca.dump' for output
but nagios.cmd exists and the permissions are good.

Thanks and sorry for my english.