Check Windows Updates question

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at arcor.de
Sun May 3 13:57:27 CEST 2009

Hi Eric:

> It is possible that there are updates available, but none of these are "high
> priority", so they are not appearing when you go to the Windows Update
> website?

You're right - these update were in the categories "Software, Optional" and "Hardware, Optional".  After installing them manually, the they also disappeared from the list reported by check_nrpe.

It would now be nice to have the options to either exclude optional updates completely from the check or to exclude them from the "critical" and "warning" counters (i.e. if there are no important updates, check_nrpe still returns ok, but once there is an important one, the list of optional ones is included in the performance data).

Do you know the property of the object returned by the searcher interface which indicates if the update is important or optional (I hope there is one...)?  I would then tweak the script.

Thanks, Albrecht.

Arcor.de Gaming Area - kostenfrei daddeln bis der Arzt kommt!
Jetzt checken und aus über 80 Spielen wählen!
http://www.arcor.de/footer-gaming/