NDOUtils 3.x configuration problem

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Mar 31 14:51:05 CEST 2009

On Mar 31, 2009, at 5:12 AM, Juan Cañete Azorin wrote:

> I tried switching the ndomod and ndo2db communication between
> unix_socket to tcp and,

I've had success with socket.
> althought the ndo2db starts ok, nagios always prints the lines
> below, and no connection between ndomod and ndo2db is made. My
> nagios installation is made by a nonroot user, so that every file
> goes below the /home/user directory.

Nagios things should not be run as root so that's fine.

> I think nagios is not finding the ndomod.cfg file because I dont see
> any SYN packet when the tcp configuration is active. Can anybody
> guess what the problem is or

Have you enabled debug mode for ndo2db? Does it report errors? Be sure
that ndomod and ndo2db are using the same method. Make sure that
ndo2db isn't having issues talking to your database.

> how could I pass the ndomod.cfg file to nagios? (By the way I've
> tried with the nagios cfg_dir option with no luck)

Nagios doesn't care about ndomod.cfg but ndomod does.

per the NDO README --

broker_module=/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndomod.o config_file=/usr/local/
nagios/etc/ndomod.cfg

--
Marc