Query About NAGIOS PLUGIN

Amit Kumar risinamit at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 10:03:54 CEST 2009

How  can I run the check_nrpe on the local server?
Please provide me the info.  will it  be  running  as  a service  like  nrpe
in the local server, or is it something  else ,Please clarify
Here  is the content of the  script residing on the remote  server   I am
doing  just a simple check using the currently used  files.
#!/usr/bin/perl
use Getopt::Long;

############################ Impact ###################################
$PathOfBaselineFile = "/local/netcool/nagios/baseline";

my %ERRORS=('OK'=>0,'WARNING'=>1,'CRITICAL'=>2,'UNKNOWN'=>3,'DEPENDENT'=>4);
#Argument processing
my $args = GetOptions (
                       "paname|p=s" => \$paname);
$pa = substr($paname,0,6);

if($paname ne '') {
##### parameter check
if (( -e "/usr1/netcool/omnibus/etc/$paname.conf") && ( -e
"$PathOfBaselineFile/$paname.conf"))
{
        $imp_cmd = `cat /usr1/netcool/omnibus/etc/$paname.conf | grep
ncoadmin | egrep -v lmgrd | egrep -v DeackStuckEvents.sh`;
        $imp_cmd_base = `cat $PathOfBaselineFile/$paname.conf | grep
ncoadmin | egrep -v lmgrd | egrep -v DeackStuckEvents.sh`;
        if($imp_cmd eq $imp_cmd_base)
        {
                 print "OK: Impact Command line is same ! \n";
        }
        else
        {
                 print "CRITICAL: Impact Command line is not same ! \n";
                        exit $ERRORS{'CRITICAL'};
        }
}
else
{
        print "$paname configuration file doesn't exist!","\n";
                exit $ERRORS{'CRITICAL'};
}

Thanks,
Amit