Nagios and MySQL

Mark Weaver mweaver at compinfosystems.com
Sun Mar 29 16:57:32 CEST 2009

Ricardo Maraschini wrote:
> ----- "Mark Weaver" <mweaver at compinfosystems.com> escreveu:
>
>> I was wondering if anyone has connected their standard Nagios
>> installation up to a MySQL backend?
>>

> You can take a look to www.opmon.org
> We make available a configuration tool called OpCfg and an event broker(including performance data parse), so every information will be in a mysql db.
>
> Regarding to backup issue, you can run a rpm -ql <package name> to get gathered all Nagios instalation files and make a backup of them.
>
> HTH.
>
> -rm

Hi Ricardo,

I've got OpCfg installed and I "think" it's working, and if I understand
things so far it's imported all my nagios settings including objects and
templates and such into the db. I can make changes, adjustments, etc...
with OpCfg and then I've got to export those changes or additions back
out to the Nagios config on disk. However it doesn't appear to be doing
that and I'm not sure why.

All Nagios configuration files for everything on the Nagios server is in
/etc/nagios and OpCfg appears to be aware of that. I've made /etc/nagios
and everything under that directory writable for nagios.apache, but when
I make changes such as create a workstation template and then add a host
made from that template the files aren't being written back to disk.

(Let me know if you need any more information.
The directory structure for Nagios configuration on disk looks like this:

/etc/nagios/:
cgi.cfg
command-plugins.cfg
global