Opsview

Duncan Ferguson duncan.ferguson at opsera.com
Wed Mar 25 12:22:40 CET 2009

On 23 Mar 2009, at 11:51, Layne Meier wrote:

> I've never installed Nagios before.  I was asked to take over an
> existing installation.  I'm going to install the latest version of
> Nagios on a clean CentOS build.  We've never used Opsview before,
> but I looked into it and like the idea of using Opsview to configure
> all of the hosts, hostgroups, contacts, contactgroups, etc via a web
> browser.There isn't very detailed installation instructions on the
> Opsview website.  Is it very difficult to install Opsview and
> integrate it into Nagios?

You would probably be best asking for users opinions on the opsview-
users mailing list; please see http://www.opsview.org/mailinglists for
more details.

The installation documentation is on http://docs.opsview.org/ and we
are actively updating and improving it - we welcome comments on how to
improve it and we have granted some community users access to make
changes too.

We are striving to make it as easy as possible to install and use
Opsview on those platforms we support, but again we welcome comments
on how to make improvements.

I would be happy to answer any more questions about Opsview on the
mailing lists there.

Thanks

   Duncs

--
Duncan Ferguson
Senior Developer

Opsera Limited | Unit 69 Suttons Business Park
Reading | Berkshire | RG6 1AZ | UK

Phone:   +44 (0) 845 057 7887
Mobile:   +44 (0) 7968 148 748
Skype:   duncan_j_ferguson     Email:   duncan.ferguson at opsera.com
www.opsera.com

Opsera Limited is registered in the UK under Company Number 5396532.
Our registered office is Gorse View, Horsell Rise, Woking, Surrey,
GU21 4RB.