unable to open nagios web interface

asam30 at gmail.com asam30 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 09:03:56 CET 2009

may be you missed this,

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/nagios/apache2/cgi-bin/"

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /home/nagios/nagios/sbin
<Directory "/home/nagios/nagios/sbin">
AllowOverride AuthConfig
Options ExecCGI
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /nagios /home/nagios/nagios/share
<Directory "/home/nagios/nagios/share">
AllowOverride AuthConfig
Options None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

please follow all the steps in the installation giude, that will help you.

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 6:06 AM, Patrick Morris <patrick.morris at hp.com>wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Pietto Vasco wrote:
>
> > I have just finished the ubuntu quickstart guide. after starting apache
> and nagios when I go to locahost/nagios-- 404 not found The requested URL
> /nagios was not found on this server
> >
> > I verified apache and nagios are running but no dice, Verified apache is
> listening
> > root at NAGIOS-VM01:/etc/apache2# sudo netstat -anp |grep '^tcp.*LISTEN'
> > tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 5063/apache2
> > tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:631 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 4655/cupsd
> > If I type in http:\\localhost is get it works!
>
> If http://localhost works, why are you trying to go to
> http://localhost/nagios?
>
> Assuming that second URL should work, it would be helpful to know what
> your Apache configuration looks like, and how Nagios is installed.  It's
> obvious Apache is running, or you wouldn't get a 404 error. What isn't
> so obvious is where you've told it to look for Nagios, and whether
> Nagios is actually installed there.

> reporting any issue.

Shankar Asam