Hosts are Critical

RijilV rijilv at riji.lv
Mon Mar 23 18:59:34 CET 2009

2009/3/23  <acarlson at princeton-il.com>:
> Marc,
>
> it also is giving me the following error:
>
> Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing
>
> Sorry for not mentioning that before.  Thanks,
>
> Andy

yeah, that's probably the problem - nagios can't find / can't run the
plugin.  Make sure that the plugins are installed, nagios can run
them, and nagios knows where they are.

presumably you already installed the plugins through the RPMForge
repository, so they should be executable by the nagios user.

As for telling nagios where they are, you should have a commands file
that defines commands.  It'll use one the $USER$, most likely $USER1$.
 Edit resources.cfg and point $USER1$ (or whatever) to the correct
location of your nagios plugins, which will be where you installed
them.  Probably in /usr/lib/nagios/libexec on centos if memory servers
me right.

.r'