Example setups for a newbie

Fredrik Rambris fredrik.rambris at it.cdon.com
Mon Mar 23 17:39:18 CET 2009

Hi!

I'm relatively new to Nagios but for a number of reasons we want to
migrate away from Hobbit.

I've read the manual, read some of the book "Nagios 3 Enterprise Network
Monitoring", setup most of our hosts and some services but I cannot
really get all the groups (service group, host group, contact group) and
their relation to templates etc.

So could you give me a short description of your setups (maybe some of
them candidates for the manual)? What templates you have, what groups
you have and so on. Just to give newbies some pointers to how to
organise stuff.
--
Fredrik Rambris <fredrik.rambris at it.cdon.com>