Storing Historical Data into Oracle?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Mar 23 15:52:14 CET 2009

On Mar 23, 2009, at 9:12 AM, Christopher McAtackney wrote:

> The program writes out to the text file every time it is run (it's not
> connecting to a database yet, this is just proof-of-concept work).

In your script, you should specify the full path to that text file (I
recommend something in /tmp). The shell used when executing plugins
has most of the environment stripped from it.

> If I execute the program from the command line, it writes to this text
> file as expected. However, nothing is being written to the file after
> service / host checks, and therefore I can only guess that it is not
> being executed by Nagios.

Based on your previous report of the return code 127, nagios _is_
trying to execute it. 127 means that the plugin was not found where
you told nagios it was, or possibly that it wasn't executable by the
nagios user as Andreas pointed out. Are you still seeing that error?
If not, is there anything being logged?

You could enable debug mode and likely gain a lot more insight...

--
Marc