Storing Historical Data into Oracle?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Mar 23 15:05:33 CET 2009

Unless you're an op5 customer and thereby paying for my services, I
*really* don't want off-list emails regarding Nagios problems.

Thanks for respecting that in the future. Answers are below.

Christopher McAtackney wrote:
> 2009/3/23 Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se>:
>> Christopher McAtackney wrote:
>>> [1237804472] Warning: Attempting to execute the command
>>> "/usr/local/nagios/host_check.pl 127.0.0.1 53" resulted in a return
>>> code of 127.  Make sure the script or binary you are trying to execute
>>> actually exists...
>>>
>>> So it appears that Nagios is picking up the command OK, and is at
>>> least *attempting* to execute it, but for some reason, nothing is
>>> happening. Is there some permissions issue here that I'm unaware of?
>>>
>> Is host_check.pl executable? If not, try adding "/usr/bin/perl" or do
>>  chmod 755 /usr/local/nagios/host_check.pl
>
> Hi Andreas, Frank,
>
> I updated commands.cfg to point to the perl binary and granted 755
> permission on the scripts as you have suggested;
>
> define command
> {
> 	command_name	host_check
> 	command_line		/usr/bin/perl $USER1$/host_check.pl $HOSTADDRESS$ $HOSTEVENTID$
> }
>
> I performed the pre-flight check and everything was fine, restarted
> and no problems in the log, but.. still no execution of the plug-ins.
> I'm a bit stumped here as to what else might be causing this
> problem...

How do you verify that the program isn't getting executed? Does it
log something to a file with modes 666 every time it's run, or do you
just assume this because it doesn't insert the data into the database?

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.