.htpasswd login

Chris atstake at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 02:55:02 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Klaus Umbach
<treibholz at sozial-inkompetent.de> wrote:
> On 20/03/09 16:28, Chris wrote:
>> I like to implement .htpasswd so users can log in using their Active
>> Directory user name and password to have a basic view of Nagios
>> interface (as in a 'normal user') At the moment I have htpasswd.users
>> with only one user - nagiosadmin. I would like to keep the nagiosadmin
>> user to handle the admin. tasks. Everyone else will get a normal
>> active directory login.
>
> You can use LDAP-authentication in Apache and file-based-authentication
> parallel.
>

> <DirectoryMatch (/usr/share/nagios3/htdocs|/usr/lib/cgi-bin/)>
>        Options FollowSymLinks
>
>        DirectoryIndex index.html
>
>        AllowOverride AuthConfig
>        Order Allow,Deny
>        Allow From All
>
>        AuthName "Nagios Access"
>        AuthType Basic
>        AuthUserFile /etc/nagios3/htpasswd.users
>
>        # LDAP Auth
>        AuthBasicProvider ldap file
>        AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
>        AuthLDAPBindDN "ACCOUNT"
>        AuthLDAPBindPassword "PASSWORD"
>        AuthLDAPURL "ldap://dc.foobar.de:389/ou=test,dc=foo,dc=bar,dc=de?sAMAccountName?sub?(ObjectClass=*)"
>
>        require valid-user
> </DirectoryMatch>

Thanks. I have addedd AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/.htaccess to my
/etc/apache2/conf.d/nagios.conf

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin "/usr/lib/nagios/cgi"

<Directory "/usr/lib/nagios/cgi">
   Options ExecCGI
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
   AuthName "Nagios"
   AuthType Basic
   AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/htpasswd.users
  AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/.htaccess
  Require valid-user
</Directory>

Alias /nagios "/usr/share/nagios"

<Directory "/usr/share/nagios">
   Options None
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
   AuthName "Nagios"
   AuthType Basic
   AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/htpasswd.users
  AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/.htaccess
   Require valid-user
</Directory>

My /etc/nagios/.htaccess files look like this

AuthName "AD"
AuthType Basic
AuthLDAPURL ldap://ad:389/ou=tree,dc=company,dc=com?sAMAccountName?sub
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
require valid-user

I restarted apache2 and nagios, but now I can't login - neither as
nagiosadmin nor as AD user.