blank perfdata: not parsing macros

M P reg at eyesopen.org
Thu Mar 19 20:25:26 CET 2009

Just wanted to update the mailing list on how this was fixed.

All howtos mention that you need to add a line:

process_performance_data=1

to nagios.cfg

But what they fail to mention is that further down in the default
nagios.cfg there is a line like this:

process_performance_data=0

So if you add your new config lines close to the top of the file, they
get happily overwritten by the defaults at the bottom.
This mistake will bite you regardless if you install from repositories
or compile from source.

The rest is history.