Test SMS

Simon Kainz simon.kainz at tugraz.at
Tue Mar 17 09:05:34 CET 2009

Andrew Davis wrote:
>  Well, you could setup SMS notifications, then bring down a service you
> monitor. That's always a simple one. Add http to a server you don't need
> it on, monitor it, then shut down the httpd process and wait for alerts...

Hi!
I usually setup a service as normal, including sms notification. Then T
simply submit as many CRITICAL PASSIVE service results as necessary, to
make the service CRITICAL, ususally 3. Do this quickly, so Nagios "has
no time" to recognize the service is'n really down...

Regards,

DI Simon Kainz
Graz, University of Technology
Department Computing