How to receive notification alert by sms tomobile phone using Nagios

Andrew Davis nccomp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 21:47:58 CET 2009

Like any other test...

I do a simple http test to msn.com like you'd test any website with the
standard plugin.
I do a ping test to yahoo.com since they allow pings still (unlike many
companies).
And I do a dig to google.com.

Those three are each defined as a host, then put in a hostgroup called
"sanity check". If one test fails, I assume there's an issue on there
end and ignore it. If two fail, same thing. If all three fail, I know my
ISP connection is down. The contactgroup for the hostgroup for these
hosts goes to SMS (mine and the mgr at our ISP).

  A. Davis
  Email:     nccomp at gmail.com

  "There is no limit to what a man can accomplish
   if he doesn't care who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan