snmptt and nagios, access to nagios.cmd file

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Thu Mar 12 14:11:12 CET 2009

p.s.  I'd be interested to know what instructions you followed to get
your method working?  I moved to using NagTrap because I found that
maintaining the submit_check_result script was rather time-consuming,
but if things have moved on a bit since I last set mine up I'd be
interested to see if it's any easier to maintain now.

I quite like NagTrap, but if you follow the standard install for it,
there's a lot of polling the database which is very cpu intensive
compared with writing direct to the command file as you do.  Also, the
alerts aren't so meaningful with NagTrap as they are in your setup.

Cheers,

Jim