NSClient++ and .Net

Andrew Davis nccomp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 20:04:09 CET 2009

If I recall, Windows 2000 Server didn't include .Net, but you could
install it.
Windows 2003 Server included .Net 1.x, but you could additionally add
.Net 2.x.
Now it seems that Server 2008 includes .Net 2.x by default and you can
install .Net 3.x, though MS finall got smart and just did one big rollup
package so you don't have to have .Net 1.x and 2.x both installed, etc.

So my question is this: right now we're mostly Server 2003, but
migrating to Server 2008. NSClient++ 4.x requires .Net 2.x, but will it
work with .Net 3.x on Server 2008? Anyone know? Anyone tried?

Thanks,

--

  A. Davis
  Email:     nccomp at gmail.com

  "There is no limit to what a man can accomplish
   if he doesn't care who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan