R: Acknowledge problem

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Wed Mar 11 15:49:42 CET 2009

2009/3/11 Marco Borsani <m.borsani at it.net>:
> I did it.
>
> In the period :
> - 1st warning notification
> - acknowledge notification
> - 2nd warning notification
>
> Nothing happened regarding the service status, no changes (always warning).
>
> I see that Nagios was reloaded few minutes before the 2nd warning
> notification ... normally a reload does not "delete" the acknowledge
> operation ?!?!?

When I was using Nagios 2.7 I noticed that sometimes Nagios wouldn't
reapply the Acknowedge after a daemon restart until a few seconds
after starting up, so sometimes I would get these additional alerts
just like you describe.

I haven't seen the same issue since upgrading to Nagios 3.  I'm not
certain whether that's because it's fixed now or just that my new
config just works better than the old one.

Which version of Nagios are you using?

Cheers,

Jim