Monitoring Windows hosts...

Michael Medin michael at medin.name
Wed Mar 11 13:51:51 CET 2009

Hello,

DISCLAIMER!
I am (BTW) the author of NSClient++ so I am pretty biased...

I did a presenation on windows monitoring at netways nagios conference
last year where I presented my views on the various options avalible for
windows monitoring (slides can be found (in .pptx)
http://nsclient.org/nscp/wiki/conferences/nnk-2008 ) and my conclusion was
the following (see below). There is also (if you want) some more details
on the various options in the powerpoint slides (and if you want I can
email you if you cant read the ppt) this is just the ending summary.

Conclusion:
I would use either:
 * NSClient++
 * NC_NET
I would not use (unless I have a specific reason):
 * SNMP
  - Complex to use
 * NSClient
  - Old and outdated