Migration of a nagios servers and logs

MAD sri.lumpa at free.fr
Fri Mar 6 12:43:08 CET 2009

Hi everyone,

Sorry if that questions was already answered but I browsed the web for a while and  didn't find a clear answer (and I now this looks like a newbie question).

I had installed Nagios on a server I used to run some tests and now I have validate my developments I have to transfer Nagios from this server to a production one. Till then, there is no problem...

Unfortunately, I had to run some hosts and services' checks and I want to keep these results on the new server. Should I only copy the old log files to the new installation or do I need to do something else ? I understood the checks' history are only kept in the log files so I imagine all I have to do is some copy but will my new Nagios look at them as its own log files?

Thanks in advance

Marc-André