Monitoring Solaris systems with default snmpdx

syed jafar syed_jafar at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 6 04:52:36 CET 2009

Hi,

That is exactly what I am trying to do. Monitor Solaris 10 Disk and CPU utilization. Could you let me know how to do that.

Thanks,

Syed Jafar

Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 01:36:12 +0100
From: Ayotunde.Itayemi at zain.com
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] Monitoring Solaris systems with default snmpdx

Hi All,
Is anybody using NAGIOS to monitor Solaris systems using the default SNMPDX that comes with the Solaris systems? If yes, can I have your configuration of the snmpdx for the commonly mentioned performance parameters such as RAM utilization, CPU utilization, Disk utilization (the relevant MIBs and how it’s configured in the snmpdx config file).
I want to monitor some Solaris systems without installing any new software on them (Solaris 9 and 10).
Thanks.
"This mail is from a Gimper"