alternative Status Map?

Paul Weaver paul.weaver at bbc.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 17:29:00 CET 2009

That's true

> 2. All nagios users can see the whole network structure for all hosts.
>
> Even if a given web user is not authorised to view certain
> hosts, he/she will see them anyway on the status map (without
> icons/descriptions).
> It can be even viewed as a security flaw.

Personally I'm not a fan of maps, very few cases I think they're useful,
however NagVis might be what you want

http://www.nagvis.org/

This kind of map could be useful for a server room
http://www.nagvis.org/sites/default/files/screenshots/nagvis-1.3-rack.pn

And perhaps this kind if you have a geographically spread system.
http://www.nagvis.org/sites/default/files/screenshots/nagvis_map_2.png
--
Paul Weaver
Systems Development Engineer