radius checks

Holger Weiss holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Wed Mar 4 16:43:47 CET 2009

* Jason Frisvold <frisvolj at lafayette.edu> [2009-03-04 10:09]:
> 	I tried the check_radius plugin that ships with nagios-plugins, but I
> kept getting "Auth failed" and no packets were ever sent to my radius
> server.

What's the check_radius command line you're using and how does your
radiusclient.conf look like?

FWIW, I use a command line such as:

	check_radius -F /path/to/etc/radius/client.conf \
	             -H radius.example.com -P 1812 \
	             -u username -p password

... and a configuration similar to the following:

	#
	# /path/to/etc/radius/client.conf:
	#
	authserver      radius.example.com
	acctserver      radius.example.com
	servers         /path/to/etc/radius/servers
	login_tries     4
	login_timeout   60
	radius_timeout  10
	radius_retries  3
	dictionary      /path/to/etc/radius/dictionary
	mapfile         /path/to/etc/radius/port-id-map
	seqfile         /path/to/var/run/radius/seq
	nologin         /etc/nologin

	#
	# /path/to/etc/radius/servers:
	#