NSCLIENT

Tue Mar 3 00:36:53 CET 2009

You don't have to purchase one. If you want to do the editing manually,
use Microsoft's Orca. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/255905

Or if you want to automate it, look into MakeMSI.
http://dennisbareis.com/makemsi.htm This scripting language is a bit
quirky, but it works.

That said, I'm currently working on a complete Nagios client including
install package that may do just about the same thing (and a few more
things). You can already download it from Sourceforge, although the
"burn the server IP address into the MSI" functionality isn't
implemented yet. One thing I did differently from NSClient is that I am
using HTTPS to submit the results (an older version also supported SSH,
but I have not re-implemented that in the latest version). That lets me
avoid firewall issues.

It is based on NSClient++ with quite a few enhancements.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tntmonitoring/