Creating custom service checks

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Tue Jun 30 00:38:23 CEST 2009

Hi Kevin;
On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 23:14, Kevin Mitnikc <teckadmin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking for some assistance in setting up custom service monitors.  I
> am looking to monitor the Microsoft Exchange services, along with a couple
> other services.  How do I go about setting this up in Nagios.
>
> I have browsed over some direction, but I seem to only be finding sections
> of setting this up.
>
> Can somebody please give me some direction and instruction on creating
> these custom service monitors.

Can you go into more detail?  Nagios is configured by editing the config
files, and running a "nagios -v" to check them; if you have examples of what
you're trying, including the "couple other services", we might be able to
offer concrete suggestions.  ...even if it means you give us a rundown of a
part of your network, with IP address replaced to 192.168.x.y IPs and host
FQDNs replaced to names such as exch01.example.com.

It might help to get such an initial example setup to get you going.

Allan
--
allanc at chickenandporn.com  "金鱼" http://linkedin.com/in/goldfish
please, no proprietary attachments (http://tinyurl.com/cbgq)