How to surpess notifications if ping fails.

Jeremiah Jester jeremiahjester at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 23:57:19 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have a working nagios2 installation under Ubuntu.  I would like to
configure nagios so that when a host cannot be ping'd by nagios all other
services related to this server/s are stopped so I don't get a slew of
notifications for that host.

I'm thinking i want servicedepency directive in my dependecies.cfg file?
Does this sound about right?

define servicedependency{
    hostgroup_name                       servers
    service_description             ping
    dependent_hostgroup_name        servers
    dependent_service_description   *
    execution_failure_criteria      w,c