FW: NDO Utils Question

Wheeler, JF (Jonathan) jonathan.wheeler at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Jun 29 13:23:24 CEST 2009

Routinely we have external_command_buffer_slots set to 40960 and check_result_buffer_slots set to 61440; this is because we have had problems with our SQL server (it gets very busy for other databases) which delays response to NDOUtils updates which fills up these buffers.  You can see the current, high-water mark and setting for these parameters by running command nagiostats (the highest we have reached recently was about 25k buffer slots used).

Jonathan Wheeler
e-Science Centre
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
--