Server/host Inheritance

Mark Gius mgius at createspace.com
Thu Jun 25 18:38:16 CEST 2009

You're going to want to read this:
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/objectinheritance.html,
specifically "implied inheritance" about 3/4 of the way down.

Host and service inheritance is (mostly) separate.  There are some
implied inheritance rules however.  For example, if a service doesn't
define contact_groups anywhere, it will inherit contact_groups from its
host.  If you override contact_groups in the service somewhere, it will
use that instead.

You can add things using the "+" syntax (see additive inheritance), and
you can kind of delete things with "!", but I've not played with that
very much.

-Gius