NDO Utils Question

Christopher McAtackney cristoir at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 15:51:25 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question about Nagios and NDOUtils I was hoping someone
could answer.

What happens if the database that NDO Utils is using becomes
unavailable? (e.g. the server has crashed).

I'm assuming Nagios will continue to monitor and send notifications as
normal, is this correct?

What about the service check results that would normally be passed to
NDO Utils and then stored in the database? Are they queued somewhere?
And if so, how is the capacity of this queue defined? If they are not
queued, what happens? Will NDO Utils just throw an error for each
result it tries to store in the database and fails? Will this affect
the core Nagios process?

Hopefully someone can provide some insight.

Cheers,
Chris