Escaping broke i 3.1.1 ?

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsera.com
Thu Jun 25 10:17:38 CEST 2009

Tore,

Aren't you missing a $ at the end of $_HOSTCRM_SERVICES$ in your
services definition?

See Custom variables in http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/macros.html

You could also have some debugging set in Nagios to show the exact
command being run.

Ton

On 24 Jun 2009, at 14:12, Tore Lønøy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry for double posting, but wrong subject.
>
> Ton:
>
> Command line:
> /nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H <X> -c CheckServiceState -a AOS\$01
> ShowAll=long
> OK: AOS$01: started
>
> Here is the host def:
> define host {
> use                     X
>
> host_name               X
> address                 X
> alias                   X
>

> hostgroups              +CRM4
>
> #max_check_attempts     3
> #check_interval         2
> #retry_interval         1
>
> #contact_groups         +
> #notifications_enabled  1
>
> _CRM_SERVICES           AOS\$01
>
> # Macros
> _REQUESTOR
>
> }
>
> The service definition:
> define service {
> # Which _template_* to use.
> # (e.g. standard-service-60)
> use                             standard-service-1
>
> # Service spesific
> service_description             CRM Services
>
> check_command                   check_nrpe_parameters!
> CheckServiceState!ShowAll=long $_HOSTCRM_SERVICES
> hostgroup_name                  CRM4
>
> # Per service options
> first_notification_delay        10
> process_perf_data               0
> notifications_enabled           1
> max_check_attempts      2
> retry_interval          5
> }
>
> The check command definition:
> define command {
>         command_name check_nrpe_parameters
>         command_line $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t 15 -c
> $ARG1$ -a $ARG2$
> }
>

> It worked on Nagios 3.0.6. I've tried almost any combination of
> escaping the dollar sign, $$, \$, \\$$,\\\$.... You name it!
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Tore
>

> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:52:07 +0100
> From: Ton Voon <ton.voon at opsera.com>
> Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Escaping broke i 3.1.1 ?
>
> Tore,
>
> Can you send the configuration for the host and service too? Can you
> also send the check_nrpe_parameters command definition.
>
> On the command line, what works?
>
> Also, you said a previous version of Nagios worked with this
> definition - which version of Nagios was that?
>
> Ton
>
> On 23 Jun 2009, at 15:09, Tore L?n?y wrote:
>
> > Let me see, this should be enough i think:
> >
> > define host {
> >         host_name       X
> >         alias   X
> >         address X
> >         check_period    24x7
> >         check_command   check-host-alive
> >         contact_groups
> >         notification_period     24x7
> >         initial_state   o
> >         check_interval  15.000000
> [...]

Ton Voon
Product Architect

Opsera Limited | Unit 69 Suttons Business Park
Reading | Berkshire | RG6 1AZ | UK

Phone:   +44 (0) 845 057 7887
Mobile:   +44 (0) 7931 365796
Skype:   tonvoon     Email:   ton.voon at opsera.com
www.opsera.com
This e-mail is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s)
above and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If you receive this message in error, or are not the named
recipient(s), please notify the sender at the phone number above, do
not copy this message, do not disclose its contents to anyone, and
delete this e-mail message from your computer. Although Opsera
routinely screens for viruses, addressees should scan this e-mail and
any attachments for viruses. Opsera makes no representation or
warranty as to the absence of viruses in this e-mail or any
attachments. Opsera Limited is registered in the UK under Company
Number 5396532. Our registered office is Gorse View, Horsell Rise,
Woking, Surrey, GU21 4RB.