Escaping broke i 3.1.1 ?

Tore Lønøy tore.lonoy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 15:12:20 CEST 2009

Hello,

Sorry for double posting, but wrong subject.

Ton:

Command line:
/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H <X> -c CheckServiceState -a AOS\$01
ShowAll=long
OK: AOS$01: started

Here is the host def:
define host {
use                     X

host_name               X
address                 X
alias                   X

hostgroups              +CRM4

#max_check_attempts     3
#check_interval         2
#retry_interval         1

#contact_groups         +
#notifications_enabled  1

_CRM_SERVICES           AOS\$01

# Macros
_REQUESTOR

}

The service definition:
define service {
# Which _template_* to use.
# (e.g. standard-service-60)
use                             standard-service-1

# Service spesific
service_description             CRM Services
check_command
check_nrpe_parameters!CheckServiceState!ShowAll=long $_HOSTCRM_SERVICES
hostgroup_name                  CRM4

# Per service options
first_notification_delay        10
process_perf_data               0
notifications_enabled           1
max_check_attempts      2
retry_interval          5
}

The check command definition:
define command {
        command_name check_nrpe_parameters
        command_line $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t 15 -c $ARG1$ -a
$ARG2$
}

It worked on Nagios 3.0.6. I've tried almost any combination of escaping the
dollar sign, $$, \$, \\$$,\\\$.... You name it!

Thanks for your help,

Tore