- NRPE 2.12 ./configure error on solaris 9

Guy Waugh guidosh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 08:34:12 CEST 2009

So, you managed to compile NRPE on the Solaris 9 host? You've installed the
NRPE daemon on the host that the Nagios host is going to monitor with the
check_nrpe plugin? Are you running the daemon out of xinetd or standalone?
Does 'netstat -an' on the monitored host show that something is listening on
port 5666? What syntax are you using on the Nagios host to use the
check_nrpe plugin? Does the NRPE daemon configuration allow connections from
the Nagios host?

Also, what exactly do you mean when you say that check_nrpe is working fine
locally?

Questions, questions...

Regards,
Guy.