Escaping broke i 3.1.1 ?

Tore Lønøy tore.lonoy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 16:09:28 CEST 2009

Let me see, this should be enough i think:

define host {
        host_name       X
        alias   X
        address X
        check_period    24x7
        check_command   check-host-alive
        contact_groups
        notification_period     24x7
        initial_state   o
        check_interval  15.000000
        retry_interval  5.000000
        max_check_attempts      3
        active_checks_enabled   1
        passive_checks_enabled  0
        obsess_over_host        1
        event_handler_enabled   0
        low_flap_threshold      0.000000
        high_flap_threshold     0.000000
        flap_detection_enabled  1
        flap_detection_options  o,d,u
        freshness_threshold     0
        check_freshness 0
        notification_options    d,r
        notifications_enabled   1
        notification_interval   60.000000
        first_notification_delay        60.000000
        stalking_options        n
        process_perf_data       1
        failure_prediction_enabled      1
        notes_url
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        _REQUESTOR
        _CRM_SERVICES   "AOS$\$01"
        }

define service {
        host_name       X
        service_description     X
        check_period    24x7
        check_command   check_nrpe_parameters!CheckServiceState!ShowAll=long
$_HOSTCRM_SERVICES
        contact_groups
        notification_period     24x7
        initial_state   o
        check_interval  1.000000
        retry_interval  5.000000
        max_check_attempts      2
        is_volatile     0
        parallelize_check       1
        active_checks_enabled   1
        passive_checks_enabled  0
        obsess_over_service     0
        event_handler_enabled   0
        low_flap_threshold      0.000000
        high_flap_threshold     0.000000
        flap_detection_enabled  1
        flap_detection_options  o,w,u,c
        freshness_threshold     0
        check_freshness 0
        notification_options    c,r
        notifications_enabled   1
        notification_interval   60.000000
        first_notification_delay        10.000000
        stalking_options        n
        process_perf_data       0
        failure_prediction_enabled      1
        notes
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        }

The problem for me it seems is when nagios is parsing the data just before
it is going to execute the command. It is no problem executes check_nrpe
with ah backslash (\) as the escape char. But the problem for me is what
escape char do i use in custom macros?

Best regards,

Tore