NDOUtils 1.3.1 Installation assistance

Natalie Aloi naloi at experisdatacenters.com
Tue Jun 23 15:01:17 CEST 2009

ok during my compile I found this information...

*** MySQL library could not be located... **************************
You chose to compile NDBXT with MySQL support, but I was unable to
locate the MySQL library on your system. If the library is
installed, use the --with-mysql-lib argument to specify the
location of the MySQL library.
NOTE: After you install the necessary libraries on your system:
 1. Make sure /etc/ld.so.conf has an entry for the directory in
 which the MySQL libraries are installed.
 2. Run 'ldconfig' to update the run-time linker options.
 3. Run 'make devclean' in the NDBXT distribution to clean out
 any old references to your previous compile.
 4. Rerun the configure script.
TIP: Try the following....
 ./configure --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql

when I more my ld.so.conf file it only has this in it:
 [root at nagios etc]# more ld.so.conf
include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
[root at nagios etc]#

 1. Make sure /etc/ld.so.conf has an entry for the directory in
 which the MySQL libraries are installed.

What am I supposed to put into the /ld.so.conf file so it knows where the libraries are?
Thanks,
Natalie

Network Operations Center Manager
Experis Data Center LLC