nagios dont care about time periods

Guy Waugh guidosh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 16:56:25 CEST 2009

Hello,

I might be misunderstanding you here, but it looks like the timeperiods
might not be defined correctly for what you want.

It looks like the first timeperiod is defined as the entire week except for
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, midnight to 9 mins past midnight, and
10:00pm to midnight. So the only times in the week that aren't lying within
the timeperiod are about two hours and nine minutes on each of those three
days. The second timeperiod is defined similarly, but for the days Monday,
Wednesday and Friday instead of Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Here is a timeperiod we use to define 'non-working hours' -- it might give
you a bit of help in crafting your own timeperiods...:

define  timeperiod {
        timeperiod_name nonworkhours
        alias           Non Working Hours
        sunday          00:00-24:00