trimming nagvis database via cron

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Fri Jun 19 19:08:03 CEST 2009

Hi,

After a few months of use, our NagVis database grew to 23GB and
overwhelmed my (tiny) server.  Shutting down the system, dropping the
database, and recreating it solved my issues.

Surely someone has already written a script to purge the NagVis
database on a regular basis, trimming old data to keep the database at
a reasonable size.  If so, could you share it?

I'm sure I can figure this out, but I can't believe that nobody else
has had this issue.

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas 	mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org, mwlucas at FreeBSD.org
Latest book:  Cisco Routers for the Desperate, 2nd Edition