NDO Utilities install NDO database error for NDO Util 1.3.1

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Fri Jun 19 16:11:28 CEST 2009

# mysql -u root -p

CREATE USER 'nagios'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'nagios';

>> creates the user nagios with localhost (where it will coem from) and is identified by password 'nagios'

GRANT USAGE ON * . * TO 'nagios'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY
'nagios' WITH MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0
MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

>> there was a typo by myself, identified by has to be the passwword with '<' and '>'
this grants usage on the database

CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `nagios` ;

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `nagios` . * TO 'nagios'@'localhost';

>> grants insert, create, delete, select, update, etc sql privileges for user nagios (forgot to replace that too), onto the database nagios

quit

 >> leave mysql shell

# mysql -u root -p nagios < mysql.sql

 >> -u root -p <-- login with user root
 >> nagios <-- import to which database
 >> < mysql.sql <-- file where the database definitions, table
definitions are within create statements, those will be imported into
the database

And cocnernign your db layout - yep, it's the nagios db.

Kind regards,
Michael

--
DI (FH) Michael Friedrich