' Need the big picture: Why "retention"?

Scott.Chapman at VerizonWireless.com Scott.Chapman at VerizonWireless.com
Wed Jun 17 20:27:41 CEST 2009

I'm reading the Nagios docs (a rather long trip - thanks for the great docs!) and I'm seeing plenty of references to retention.  I'm new to this and it isn't clicking.

Why would I want retention?

What's it for?

TIA - I'm a bit confused. :)

Scott

product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.