nagvis requires ndoutils; how stable is ndoutils?

Tue Jun 16 13:47:14 CEST 2009

I just installed ndoutils with mysql. There indeed was one pitfall: the
database is growing quite large very quickly. Eventually, the DB got
sluggish and couldn't keep up with the data Nagios threw at it (the DB
server is quite underpowered). It got so bad that after a week or so,
Nagios wouldn't even start up.

It turned out that it wasn't primarily the database itself, but binary
logging. It is turned on by default (at least on CentOS) but you only
need it for replication. If you are not using replication, simply turn
off binary logging and you should be good to go. At least, I hope so; I
only made that change yesterday, so I won't know for another week or so.

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.