Nagios Reboot Notification

Mat W lmw94002 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 15 16:04:03 CEST 2009

One way to check on a system reboot I've used before is with NagEventLog.  We use NagEventLog to look for certain errors posted to the system/app eventlogs.  Note these are "passive" checks so how soon you get notified will depend on the configuration of said passive checks as well as Nagios config. NagEventLog is reasonably configurable to filter our or only look for specific events such as an "unexpected shutdown".

--
Mat W.

http://www.techadre.com