Antwort: Error Message encountered when using NagVis 1.4

Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com
Mon Jun 15 15:02:03 CEST 2009

"Kaplan, Andrew H." <AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG> schrieb am 10.06.2009
19:49:04:

> The given instance name "default" in backend "ndomy_1" is not valid.
>
> This error occurs if I am at the server console, or if I am viewing
> it from a remote host. I made several
> changes to the nagvis.ini.php file, and I have enclosed a copy of
> the with this e-mail. Can someone
> tell me what I need to change in order to get NagVis to work properly?
Thanks.

You configured nagvis to use the ndo with the name "default",
or to be more exact - it is the default setting.
The database you named in the nagvis.ini does not contain
any ndo instance with the name "default".

There's 2 reasons:

1. You did not install ndo at all
2. You configured ndo to use an instance name other then "default"

The solution should be obvious.

Regards
        Sascha

GFKL Financial Services AG
Vorstand: Dr. Peter Jänsch (Vors.), Jürgen Baltes, Dr. Tom Haverkamp
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Georg F. Thoma
Sitz: Limbecker Platz 1, 45127 Essen, Amtsgericht Essen, HRB 13522