Nagios Reboot Notification

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jun 11 21:50:30 CEST 2009

On Jun 11, 2009, at 2:14 PM, Kevin Mitnikc wrote:

> How is everybody monitoring server reboots.  I've used Whats Up Gold
> in the past, and it would notify me right away.  There has to be a
> way to monitor reboots and get a notification of that reboot.  Many
> people have suggested I use scripts, but I don't know how to write
> scripts.
>
> Any help or direction would be much appreciated!

I monitor uptime via snmp and throw a quick WARNING in the GUI if I
see it. You'll likely want to adjust the warning and add critical
thresholds if you want alerts --

define command {
     command_name                   check_uptime
     command_line                   $USER1$/check_snmp -H $HOSTADDRESS
$ -C <community> -o 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0 -l "Uptime" -u "Timeticks" -w
50000:0
     }

--
Marc